As part of The British Library’s food series, I was really pleased to moderate an excellent panel of speakers at a recent event called Recipes For Success: Inspiring Entrepreneurs which featured founder-entrepreneurs: Guy Singh-Watson from Riverford Food, Praveen Vijn from Eat Natural and Pippa Murray from Pip & Nut (sadly Nadia Stokes was unable to join us).
The idea was to give future food start-up dreamers or existing entrepreneurs some useful insight and tips. The panellists shared their expertise on the following topics, including:
- when to launch ahead with an idea (“go for it!”)
- how to talk to supermarket buyers
- marketing budgets -mistakes and challenges
- highpoints and achievements
- when to spend on marketing
(You can find a summary of some of their answers and advice via the BIPC Twitter feed)